Follow Us on Twitter

Those school days - 1

Those days used to begin with rising of sun as usual.
But something was different,

it was not the sound of alarm or the hard knocking on gate to wake me up,
It was just a gentle voice of mom which was more powerful than all these.


I used to get fresh and then get ready for school,
these days I do both 2-3 times in a semester.....!!

There was a zest from my inside to look better than others in the class.
I used to polish my shoes daily and wear only well ironed school dress.

Sometimes I used to tie my collar buttons as our principal madam asked us for that.
Although all say don't do this, because we didn't use neck-ties.

Then it was time of breakfast, after which a glass of milk flavored with bournvita..... Now I can count on my fingers, How many days in current semester I have taken milk.

Then our auto-rickshaw driver comes and I along with 9-10 other kids will fit in that tightly packed vehicle.

Journey to school is always full of chit-chats, some girls playing antakshari, boys showing tatoos and cards.
Some geeks read notebooks and then hand them to others to ask questions and listen to his/her answers.
And some of them were even more geek, they used to read from notebook, put a hand on written text, keep their face upwards and then try to answer it again.
During the 20 minutes trip many times water bottles kiss our lips and then again were hanged.

Sometimes it was races with other auto-rickshaws that add fun to our journey.
This is how we used to reach the School.

2 comments:

dillu said...

7th ke middle mein toh hostel mein chala gaya tha but uske pehle ke school ke dinon mein itna yaad hai ki tension free rehte the aur apne aap ko special feel karte the.

Jyotsna said...

hmm... very true... nostalgic about tension free school days... not only school days but I must say whole student life is cool....

Post a Comment

Please Tell how it is