Follow Us on Twitter

Me and that world cup

That day was the first T20 world cup final,
India Vs Pakistan
We 10-15 students went to our hostel warden Tyagi Sir, and asked for arranging a TV set.
He send me to electronics lab to bring that.

Then it was time for arranging the cable, he called someone to arrange that.
After 1 hr of all that setup was ready now.

In the open air, we brought some chairs from our rooms and
Match Started
India's innings
2nd over and ........ aah ....... POWER CUT.......!!!

we waited and waited and waited,,,,,,,,,,
Match was about to finish
we all were on phone calls to our friends who were sitting in their homes.

Last ball
India won

Celebrations started
We all were going mad and seniors called dholis (dhol wala)

First years were not allowed to come out of hostel after 7pm.
We all thought to go upstairs on the terrace.

While I was coming back from my room to go upstairs, Tyagi sir called me and asked what happened

Me : sir India won the world cup
Sir : hmm

then we all were on terrace playing with water and dancing, some were having noodles in their room and we were throwing noodles on each other.

Tyagi sir came
All students dispersed, some fell on each other, some were hidden in water tank and some were in the corners.
Me being unlucky was near the stairs.

My condition was :
some noodles were there on my head, some were hanging from my ears, my shirt was half open, and from head to feet I was wet.

Sir : what is going on?

Me : Sir, India won the world cup.

(had my head and face was not covered with noodles, I was almost slapped)
then I was given a long lecture and asked to go to my room.

I went to my room
In my room there were more celebrations going on,
people were dancing on loud music.
then

Knock on the door
I recently entered the room so I was near the door and opened the door.

Tyagi Sir...!!
Sir : What is going on

Me : sir India won the world cup.

then sir switched on the lights
Sir : You were there on terrace also.

Me: Yes sir

Sir : You are the same student na who was running like hell to upstairs

Me : Yes sir

Sir : You, You are the one na who brought the TV

Me : Yes sir

then I was given lot of words and warnings, and sent back to the room.

He caught just 3 students in the entire hostel in those 2 hrs
and every time it was me with a probability of (1/200 * 1/200 * 1/200)...........!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lola :D

Jyotsna said...

hey, i remember u told me abt celebrations going on but not abt ur punishment.. x-(

Unknown said...

wow awesme..realy njoyed alot reading it nd can imagine ur cndition as welll...hahahahaha

Post a Comment

Please Tell how it is